Los Angeles, CA (February 4, 2022) — The prestigious Society of Camera Operators (SOC) is pleased to announce the nominees for the 2022 Camera Operator of the Year Awards and Celebration for the Film & Television categories. Nominees for the Camera Operator of the Year Film & Television categories will be awarded live during the virtual show on Saturday, March 5, 2022.
“We are excited to be able to expand the nominations to include collaborative efforts and teams of operators this year,” shared George Billinger, SOC President & Awards Co-Chair. “For the first time ‘A’ camera operators and ‘B’ camera operator teams have the chance to be honored and nominated together for an SOC award.”
Bringing together the community to honor and celebrate the industry’s triumphs, masterful storytelling, and stand-out creativity over the past year, the annual Society of Camera Operators Award show and virtual gala celebration will take place on Saturday, March 5, 5:00 pm PST via an online platform.
The virtual gathering will celebrate the nominees and recipients of the Technical Achievement Award and the Camera Operator of the Year Awards for Film and Television. The celebrated show will feature screening clips, live conversations, and showcase a unique celebration of the art and craft of camera operators over the last year.
The Society of Camera Operators would like to congratulate this year’s nominees:
Camera Operator of the Year – Film Nominees:
- Gilles Corbeil, SOC – Nightmare Alley
- Mitch Dubin, SOC with “B” Camera John “Buzz” Moyer, SOC – West Side Story
- Matthew Moriarty, SOC – A Quiet Place Part II
- David Thompson, SOC with “B” Camera Ian Seabrook, SOC – Finch
- Mike Heathcote, SOC – The Many Saints of Newark
Camera Operator of the Year – Television Nominees:
- Mick Froehlich, SOC, with Remi Tournois, SOC – Hawkeye, S1, Episode 3, Echoes
- Timothy Muir Spencer with “B” Camera Mike McEveety – For All Mankind, S2, Episode 10, The Grey
- Manolo Rojas, SOC, with “B” Camera Pauline Edwards, SOC – Snowfall, S4, Episode 8, Betrayal
- Reid Russell, SOC, with “B” Camera Jan Ruona, SOC – Blindspotting, S1, Episode 1, The Ordeal
- Gregor Tavenner with “B” Camera Alan Pierce, SOC – Succession, S3, Episode 7, Too Much Birthday